Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog 6

The movie “The Matrix” show the meaning of real and reality. The first time I saw “The Matrix” I didn’t understand it and I watch it a second time which was an amazing movie. Human now a day does depend on machine too much. For example, computer and cell phones are a second brain to some people. People do even to research at the library anymore because goggle search give them all the answer their looking for. In my opinion machines will run the planet and people would be their slave in the cave held captive. I was watching an animated movie call WALL-E which was a last robot on earth, fulfilling his programmed clean-up duties for year on end and then he find love and dream and file off across the galaxy. Making a long story short machine took a group of people and hides the truth from them. The connection I’m trying to make with “The Matrix” and WALL-E is being controlled and missing leads the truth with the real world. I realize after watching “The Matrix” and what Morpheus said the matrix is all around us and it’s true. For example everything people do, we are being watch. If someone sent a noon picture of themselves by email they will now that. We are being control without being knowing. The movie makes me think differently because there is a lot of secret and they don’t want to share with us human. In a few years the world will be control by AI (Artificial Intelligence).
The symbolizing of the movie could be referring to the bible. The way they establish it is rewriting it in a more vertical way for a better understanding in those that don’t believe in a creator. Morpheus is the one that was sent by God which is the oracle. In addition, Morpheus will have a task to local Neo who is the one that will save the human from artificial intelligence. The question I would like to ask is why would they have a red pill and a blue? I know if I was that position I would want to know the truth, which wouldn’t. I don’t think race was a problem in the movie. I think Neo is black and white. The reason I statement that because in same culture believe Jesus is white and our half believe he is black. Sexuality and gender characterize the characters in the movie in same level. Morpheus stated something the movie that get me thinking which was true “the people are so built to the system they are not ready to be unplugged. They will fight to keep it alive”. Human don’t understand when they are kept in the dark and they would fight to keep that darkness alive. We need to on our eyes and let “The Matrix” guide as along the way and the truth would set us free.
The red pill was the best choice Neo would ever done to help himself understand the meaning of what is real and reality. Why did they choice red or blue pills? Do they have a meaning be hide these colors? Reality and illusion are very different. There are people who are living between reality and illusion. I would to love in the matrix because it’s full of hope and accomplishment.

3 comments:

  1. your essay was a bit hard to understand i would suggest you read it over. You have some great ideas but its easy to get lost in your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your essay is very organized but deff needs to be proofread. Your ideas are great but just has to be written more flowing.

    ReplyDelete